On Valentine’s Day, return to believe in love: 7 tips for a first date
What do singles do on Valentine’s Day? Well, very good question. We have been investigating and we have discovered that there are many ways to spend February 14 when there are no love commitments. Some people lock themselves up at home so as not to see couples walking their happiness on the street, others leave to reaffirm their conviction that they live better alone, others take the opportunity to stay with their other single friends and there are those who think it is a good day to have a first date.
If you are single and the option that has convinced you the most is the last one, keep reading this post, because there are 7 tips that will help you to know what to do in any situation of a first date:
- First: always say hello with two kisses. Do not let prudence take you to extend your arm, because a fit of hands is the worst start for any appointment.
- The most important thing in a first date is to avoid, at all costs, uncomfortable silences. Therefore, it is better to leave the house with prepared conversation topics: a nice anecdote that occurred in the restaurant where you are having dinner, some funny comment about the waiter, questions -never too personal- that show interest in your companion or a selection of three or four stories-short-of your life.
- An important clarification: it is not necessary that all the anecdotes that you tell strictly adhere to the reality. On a first date, hyperbole with comic or dramatic purposes is socially accepted.
- PROHIBITED subjects : religion, politics and soccer.
- Never propose to share dishes. You do not know the tastes of the other person and, if they are different from yours, you will have a good time to find something that is pleasing to both of you -this in case you find it-. Better each with your food and that the conversation focuses on topics that do coincide.
- If you have the appointment in the restaurant Crowne Plaza Barcelona, you can count on our waiters to speed up the time of desserts and the account, if the thing goes wrong.
- And last but not least: do not improvise the farewell. Excuse yourself for a moment and reflect for two minutes in front of the mirror if you want a second date or not. And whatever the decision you make, be direct: it is the only way to avoid the dangerous “we’ll see each other …” that ends with everyone waiting for the other to call and nobody ever calls.
But above all, if you want a first date to go well , dare to believe in love again! With the right attitude and our advice, your Valentine’s appointment will be exactly as you had dreamed.